Under the supervision of the Athletic Director, duties for the Head Volleyball Coach will consist of managing and coaching the volleyball program, including, recruiting and advising athletes, public relations, fundraising and other responsibilities within the boundaries of the rules and regulations of the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference, the National Junior College Athletic Association and Dodge City Community College.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible, and learner-centered environment.
- Knowledge of volleyball to lead and develop the volleyball program.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Direct practice games.
- Schedule all games and scrimmages.
- Advise and enroll volleyball players in classes.
- Knowledge and ability to recruit student athletes in accordance with NJCAA, Jayhawk Conference and College regulations and guidelines.
- Obtain transportation and lodging for games and scrimmages.
- Purchase, inventory and maintain equipment.
- Prepare and maintain volleyball budget.
- Aid and supervise work-study students.
- Coordinate volleyball fund raising events, through Athletic Director approval.
- Maintain scholarship limitations amounts with student-athletes.
- Establish and maintain off-season program for players according to all NJCAA and KJCCC guidelines.
- Knowledge of resistance and weight training principles, techniques, facilities and equipment.
- Promote the volleyball program through involvement within the community and Alumni Booster Association.
- Assist the department with all assigned duties and solicit items for the Alumni Booster Auction.
- Attend all Athletic Department meetings and other College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
|Review schedule: |
Applications accepted until position is filled. Application package consists of a DCCC application, resume, cover letter/letter of interest, and unofficial copies of transcripts.
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399