Under the general direction of the Director of Allied Health, this position will provide a multitude of teaching and learning activities, technology integration, student academic performance assessment, support and remediation services, preparation for course testing, and Allied Health program application support for the acquisition of cognitive, effective, and psycho-motor skills for lifelong learning. This position will focus on recruitment and provision of academic advising services for students pursuing an education in Allied Health. Subscribes to the philosophy of a team approach to proactive, developmental advising; maintains an understanding of and adapts to emerging technologies. Remains updated on changes in Nursing and Allied Heath program offerings. Remains current on additional advising programs offered by the college in order to be an effective liaison for the students. Job Responsibilities -
- Analyze college assessment tests to ensure proper class placement. Collaborate with ESL, Reading, and Math Specialists to meet the needs of the students.
- Coordinates student enrollment needs with other departments through Referral to interdisciplinary college learning resources:Student Services, Records, and Financial Aid.
- Provide academic pre-nursing advising and counseling:establish student education plan through nursing school completion.
- Clarifies student goals, helps create, and proactively maintains a personalized student advising plan to help students reach those goals.
- Participates in recruiting activities: state wide high school visits, campus tours, athletic events, and career fairs
- Responsible for responding to student inquiries, including, but not limited to phone calls and emails.
- Provides career placement information as received from industry.
Coordination of NSC with AH/ASC/Student Support Services
- Coordination, supervision, and provision of tutorial services and sessions.
- Identify tutor development opportunities.
- Identify technologies that would benefit student study/comprehension/remediation
- Development of individual and group study support systems/programs.
- Collection and inventory of academic support tools and materials.
- Monitors Learning Contracts for current nursing students and communicates as needed with nursing instructors regarding those students.
- Attends all Allied Health Faculty and Staff meetings
- Attends DCCC Technical Education meetings
- Attends ASC meetings, by request, to ensure an on-going collaborative effort between the NSC and ASC activities.
- Assists to create learning opportunities for faculty and community nurses through involvement with Allied Health Long-Term CEU Providership Committe.
- Communicates regularly with Academic Success Center (ASC) and Student Support Service personnel to meet the needs of the student.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship and environment with ASC staff by assisting with floor coverage, student supervision, and proctoring, as needed.
- Provide BLS instruction (when/if qualified) to DCCC students and faculty members
- Data collection of NSC utilization, to be reported at AH Faculty and Staff Meetings and upon request.
- Remains knowledgeable technology offered at DCCC.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399