Under the general direction of the Director of Facilities & Operations the position will transport teams and equipment safely to destination during the week or weekends to meet team game schedules and also provide general maintenance support to campus buildings. Strive to provide excellent customer service in a professional and congenial manner.
Full and Part Time positions available
Job Responsibilities -
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles/buses in a safe and a courteous manner.
- Transport teams & equipment safely to destinations during the week or weekends to meet teams game schedules.
- Check the condition of vehicles’ tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Responsible for keeping the interior of the bus clean and orderly during travels.
- Make minor repairs to vehicles.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repair.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations during bus travels.
- Assist with repair work in other departments as needed.
- Assist with removal of snow and ice on sidewalks, drives, and parking lots.
- Assist in promoting the safety, health and comforts of students and employees.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Director of Facilities & Operations.
- Responsible for conformance with the policies as established by the College's Board of Trustees and the procedures that apply to the position.
Physical Qualifications -
- GED or high school diploma
- Valid Kansas driver’s license
- CDL with passenger endorsement
- Ability to operate maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to drive a bus for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-45 lb. loads over 50 yd. multiple times in a 4 hr. period
- Ability to work on feet (standing, walking, constant movement) for 4 hr. period
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, climb, crawl, and lift objects for a 4 hr. period
- Ability to lift 40 lb. objects over head up to 7 ft. high
- Ability to operate or learn to operate heavy equipment and machinery.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions for 4 hr. periods
- Ability to communicate clearly with other employees
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application package consists of a completed DCCC application, resume, cover letter, unofficial copies of transcripts (if applicable).
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399