|Title: ||Residence Life Hall Director |
Under the supervision of the Director of Residence Life, the Residence Hall Director shall be responsible for assisting the Director in all facets of Residence Hall management including assisting with the management of the five residential facilities and approximately 12 Resident Assistants. This position also oversees the coordination of student activities and Student Government Association.
RL Job Responsibilities -
- Will live in on-campus apartment
- Assist in the administrative management and operation of the residence halls year round (including but not limited to student orientation, recruitment, and room assigning)
- Input and maintain electronic card key computer system and assignment records
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of resident assistants
- Act as a positive role model and aid in student adjustment to the collegiate residential community
- Provide an environment conducive to academic achievement
- Assist with policy enforcement and behavioral accountability of students and staff
- Develop and encourage educational, cultural and social programs with an emphasis on diversity
- Assist the Director in the development and implementation of Residence Hall Association (RHA)
- Serve on-call function in cooperation with other the Director and Res Life Supervisors
- Assist Student Activities Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned.
| || |
Preferred Qualifications -
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations including traditional and non-traditional students
- Experience working with students in residence life, organized activities or related experience
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess computer skills and exceptional organizational skills
- Able to positively interact with a variety of students in different role settings
- Must be willing to work as a team member in a high traffic area
- Must possess or obtain a valid Kansas Driver’s License and be insurable
- Bachelor's or higher Degree in College Student Personnel, Student Affairs and Higher Education, Counseling, or related
- Student activity programming experience or similar experience
- Previous residence life experience
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application package consists of a completed DCCC application, resume, cover letter, unofficial copies of transcripts (if applicable).
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399