The Technical Educational Admissions Representative will assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and enrollment goals for students, as well as actively participate in all recruiting events and maintain written and oral communication with prospective students. This position will be responsible for the development of recruitment materials, will facilitate recruitment efforts by faculty and enroll and advise students.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Recruit Traditional and Technical Students: Special emphasis will be placed on the development and administration of recruitment plans targeting service area high school students and graduates. Responsible for phone and mail communication with senior prospective students.
- High School Visits: Will visit students at their high schools. Some overnight travel required.
- Recruit Non-Traditional Students: Assist with Outreach enrollments and advising; assist with the development of recruitment strategies for the life long learner.
- Adult Learning Center: Assist with recruitment efforts, enrollments and advising at the Adult Learning Center.
- Admissions Events: Will assist in the development and implementation of events including, but not limited to, Senior Day, College Planning Conference, Home and Leisure Show, 3-I Show, Ford County Fair, SPIAA Tournament, Teen Dance, Fiesta Night, Kid Fest and campus tours
- Recruitment Materials: Assist in the development of brochures, web-site, displays, posters, radio and TV advertisements, and viewbooks.
- College Presenter: Will become a certified presenter for high school presentations.
- Under Represented Populations Recruitment/Retention: Assist with any special multi-cultural recruitment programs.
- Enrollment and Advising: Be a member of the Academic Advising Team and advise and enroll students. Primary person to serve walk-in students and their enrollment needs.
- Office coverage: Will assist with office duties during peak enrollment times and when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
| || |
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preference will be give to applicants with previous higher education experience in admissions.
- Computer skills (database, e-mail, word processing).
- Available for overnight travel and evening work.
- Public speaking experience.
- Able to carry and set up heavy displays.
- Maintain valid driver’s license with good driving skills.
- English/Spanish bilingual skills.
- Experience in Student Services, recruitment, student advising, telephone recruitment and multi-cultural programs.
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399