Under the general direction of the Academic Success Center (ASC) Coordinator, the Academic Success Center Assistant is responsible for completing administrative duties and serving as first point of contact for all students needing services provided by the ASC. This will also include performing administrative duties to assist other staff and faculty (Science/Math/ESL). This position supervises floor activity with students coming to the ASC to study, use computers, or who are part of athletic study halls. This position will require one evening per week to supervise front desk and the ASC floor.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College~To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Perform various clerical and receptionist duties including being the primary contact for students, staff and faculty in the Academic Success Center.
- Assist the ASC Coordinator as needed.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data tracking the continued development of tutoring appointments and report this to the Coordinator of the ASC each semester.
- Maintain ACCESS database with daily entry of tutoring reports from peer tutors, academic coaches and instructors.
- Develop and prepares monthly data reports to be distributed to instructors and various departments.
- Enters and maintains CELSA testing data into EXCEL database.
- Administers to the potential ESL student the CELSA test and then grades it for the ESL Program Director.
- Assists in the coordination of student requests for tutoring.
- Assist faculty with daily operations including making copies, prepare requisitions, distribute purchase orders, and assist students as required.
- Assist in developing and coordinating class and room schedules.
- Maintain calendars, schedule appointments, arrange meetings and make travel arrangements.
- Maintain and change as needed Google doc files for scheduling tutor appointments. This is includes adding tutors, assigning appointments, and maintaining the master tutor list.
- Maintain financial records in the budget preparation process.
- Utilize AS400 database for student records.
- Tutoring as assigned.
- Proctors tests as needed for instructors in the SM building.
- Verify accuracy of invoices, requisitions and similar documents.
- Sort and distribute mail; answer telephones; screen and route calls and visitors; provide information to staff, faculty and students regarding programs and functions of assigned office.
- Coordinate and assist with all ASC meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality, assess student needs and direct to appropriate department.
- Develop and keep bulletin boards tidy, post job opportunities, scholarships, and sports news articles as needed.
- Track and order supplies as needed.
- Keep storeroom and copy room tidy.
- Additional duties as assigned.
For more information, contact:
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399