Nursing Instructor - Full Time Faculty
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide opportunities for high quality learning and will enhance community and personal development in a student centered environment.
- Faculty employment in accordance with the current Negotiated Agreement.
- Classroom Responsibilities - Prepare and provide classroom instruction for basic nursing courses. Prepare and monitor student examinations. Document student progress in class according to the guidelines of the course and the policies of the department. Attend and participate in course, level and faculty meetings. Provide individual counseling to students as it relates to the curriculum and course assignments. Prepare and update syllabi. Instruction may involve evenings and/or weekends at various locations.
- Clinical/Lab Responsibilities - Promote the role and function of the nursing student in the clinical area. Facilitate the learning of students in the skills lab and the clinical area. Coordinate clinical learning experiences between the instructor, student and clinical facility. Assist students in the assessment, plan implementation and evaluation of patient/client care. Conduct pre and post conferences. Evaluate students’ progress in the clinical area. Attend team meetings.
- As A Lead Teacher - Coordinate nursing courses by planning of course schedule and calendar, develop clinical rotations, record students’ academic and clinical progress, report academic grade to director and records office and conduct course meetings.
- Departmental/College Responsibilities - Participate in all levels of curriculum development, implementation, evaluation and revision as it pertains to the Department of Nurse Education Participate in the development of standards for the admission, progression and graduation of students. Participate in academic guidance and counseling. Participate in the activities of the faculty of Dodge City Community College in ways that benefit the institution, the Department of Nurse Education and the Nursing faculty. Participate in Professional activities; act as a resource person for area health care facilities and businesses. Maintain regular office hours. Represent the College at local and regional conferences. Attend extra-curricular activities sponsored by Dodge City Community College.
- Masters of Science in Nursing.
- BSN applicant MUST be able and willing to immediately begin MSN degree plan if approved by KSBN for instruction.
- Credentials verifying legal status as a registered nurse in the State of Kansas.
- 5 years experience in clinical area
- Must maintain a valid drivers license.
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations including tradition and non-traditional students.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Advanced credentials in a nursing specialty
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- A valid driver’s license.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Application package consists of DCCC application, resume, cover letter/letter of interest, and unofficial copies of transcripts.
For more information, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399