GED Instructor - Part Time
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Adult Learning Center, the General Education Development (GED) Instructor will provide instruction for Adult Basic Education and GED students in language arts and math. Essential Functions/Responsibilities
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ “To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment”.
- Provide individualized instruction for Adult Basic Education and GED students in language arts and math.
- Assist students by completing appropriate forms, administering assessments, and explaining procedures for attaining a GED.
- Maintain accurate student file folders and data for federal/state reporting purposes.
- Teach group GED classes as requested or needed by students or the ALC Director.
- Attend appropriate staff development activities and meetings.
- Certify GED testers for proper paperwork completion and successful official practice test completion
- Certify GED completors and otherwise comply with GED Testing Service and state reporting
- Work with main campus to transition GED completors to college classes
- Other pertinent duties as assigned
- Provide instruction in Adult Basic Education using Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS) competencies
- Must have the ability to team teach
- Develop lesson plans in conjunction with AO-K program instructors
- Assist in the enrollment of program participants during orientation times scheduled throughout the school year
- Work with Career Navigator and campus personnel to move participants from the Adult Learning Center to the main Dodge City Community College campus as students
- Report student hours in a timely manner to the data entry specialist
- Attend periodic staff meetings and appropriate staff development activities
- Team teach an instructional load which may consist of day and night classes, distance learning, mediated classes, and on and off campus classes including service area high schools and industry training sites.
- Obtain and maintain Kansas Adult Education Association credentialing through professional development (KAEA credentialing available upon employment)
- Participate in student follow surveys
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural setting.
- Ability to keep confidential records and accurate reports.
- Basic computer skills and record keeping abilities.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and public relations skills.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Application package consists of DCCC application, resume, cover letter/letter of interest, and unofficial copies of transcripts.
Position to start July 1.
For more information, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399