The Instructor will engage in a variety of learning support and instructional/institutional practices, advising and mentoring students; identifying and implementing assessment measures to achieve course, program and college learning outcomes. Essential Functions/Responsibilities
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Classroom Responsibilities - Prepare and monitor student examinations. Document student progress in class according to the guidelines of the course and the policies of the department. Prepare students to complete state-approved training course, pass skills competencies test, and be eligible to write the state examination
- Clinical/Lab Responsibilities - Promote the role and function of the Para-professional student in the clinical area. Facilitate the learning of students in the skills lab and the clinical area. Coordinate clinical learning experiences between the student and clinical facility. Evaluate the student’s clinical assignment utilizing established criteria according to the state guidelines. Assist students in plan of resident/client. Complete competency skills sheet check off and distribute according to course guidelines.
- As A Lead Teacher – Must be an approved instructor through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. A copy of approval should be retained by instructor and copy given to each facility which sponsors training conducted by the instructor to show compliance with state and federal laws. Coordinate nursing courses by planning of course schedule and calendar; develop clinical rotations, record students’ academic and clinical progress, and report academic grade to records office. Prepare state approval 3-4 weeks prior to classes taught.
- Departmental/College Responsibilities - Participate in the activities of the total faculty of Dodge City Community College in ways that benefit the institution. Participate in professional activities. Represent the College at local and regional conferences. Attend extra-curricular activities sponsored by Dodge City Community College.
- Faculty employment in accordance with the current Negotiated Agreement
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations including traditional and non-traditional students
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Chemistry or another Physical Science with 18 graduate hours in Chemistry.
- Able to make recommendations for lab and/or instructional equipment to be purchased and maintain/repair or recommend for repair laboratory and instructional equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Tolerance of chemicals used in the lab.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry or another Physical Science with at least 18 graduate hours in Chemistry and a total of at least 18 hours in other Physical Sciences.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Application package consists of DCCC application, resume, cover letter/letter of interest, and unofficial copies of transcripts.
For more information, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Dodge City Community College
2501 N. 14th Avenue
Dodge City, KS 67801-2399