Associate of Applied Science Definition
This is a terminal degree designed to provide students with occupational skills in a variety of areas. These include:
- Ag Production/Farm & Ranch Management*
- Agriculture Food Chain Security*
- Automobile Mechanics Technology*
- Building Construction Technology*
- Business Technology*
- Computer Science*
- Diesel Engine Mechanic and Repairer*
- Early Childhood Education*
- Electrical & Power Transmission*
- Electrical Transmission System Technician* - Certificate only
- Equine Studies*
- Fire Science Protection Technology*
- Flight Instructor*
- Graphic Design*
- Information Technology*
- Licensed Practical Nurse* - Certificate only
- Registered Nurse
- Welding Technology*
- Indicates where certificates are also available.
Minimum requirements for each major varies. Student must earn a 2.0 GPA to graduate. Please check each individual major to see specific degree requirements. Basic English Composition, Preparatory Composition, Reading Improvement I, II, & III, and Sentences: Structure and Style will not be counted as part of the hours required for graduation. The transferability of individual courses is ultimately the decision of the receiving institution. Students bear the responsibility for becoming familiar with the requirements of the institutions to which they plan to transfer.
This catalog contains the curriculum information a student needs in planning his or her studies at Dodge City Community College. All students need to become familiar with the language of the college catalog and the necessity of planning a sequence that will provide either a one-year certificate or a two-year degree. Advisors are provided to assist students in planning their academic program. As a student, please make sure that you consult your advisor for guidance in planning a program of study. Students are ultimately responsible for assuring that their academic program meets the requirements for graduation and/or transfer to another degree granting institution.