How to Create a Student Organization
Requesting Recognition & Official Designation
Dodge City Community College
All organizations must be comprised only of members who are currently enrolled Dodge City Community College (DCCC) students. Each organization must have one or more approved DCCC staff/faculty member(s) as an advisor/sponsor.
In order to request approval/designation as a recognized DCCC student organization, eligible students should complete the following five steps:
- Obtain and complete in entirety a Student Organization Recognition Application Form. Application forms may be printed from the DCCC Website or obtained from the SGA President, the Dean of Students or the SGA Advisor.
- A preliminary list of members should be submitted.
- A copy of the proposed constitution/bylaws should be submitted.
- A proposal presentation should be presented to the SGA at a regular weekly meeting that includes the purpose of the organization and a preliminary explanation of proposed activities for the first year of operation.
- An explanation of the primary sources of funding/revenue for the organization.
Questions concerning this process can be directed to the SGA President, the SGA Advisor or the Dean of Students. After consideration, the SGA will vote to either recommend or not recommend for approval and forward the recommendation to the Dean of Students for final approval/disapproval.