DC3 News

DC3 News

DC3 News

Hand and Torgerson to Continue Golf Careers

May 09, 2014

DODGE CITY, Kan. – Dodge City men’s golf coach Chris Robinson is pleased to announce that Ryan Hand and Trevor Torgerson have each signed a national letter of intent and will continue their golf careers at a four-year school.

“I am happy for both kids that they found new homes to continue their education and playing college golf. Both kids are going to their first choice of schools,” Robinson said. “I think both will step in right away and make a difference. They will be missed next year both on and off the golf course with their play and leadership.”

Hand signed with Missouri Western, a Division II program in St. Joseph, Mo. Torgerson inked with Oral Roberts, a Division I institution in Tulsa, Okla.

“I’m really excited to play at Missouri Western,” Hand said. “I’m from St. Joseph and it’s exciting to play in my hometown. I’m happy to continue my golf career and I’m going into a comfortable and great situation.”

Torgerson is excited to continue his career at the Division I level.

“It’s an exciting time,” Torgerson said. “I’m able to continue my education while playing the game I love. The golf course I’ll be playing at is beautiful and the coaching staff is fantastic. Tulsa is a vibrant city and it’s going to be fun.”