DC3 News

DC3 News

DC3 News

Bennett joins softball coaching staff

Jun 10, 2014
DODGE CITY, Kan. – Dodge City softball coach Howie Smith is excited to announce the addition of Erika Bennett to the coaching staff.

Bennett will work with pitchers and assist in recruiting.

“We are very fortunate to have a player and coach with credentials and resume that Erika brings to our program,” Smith said. “Her expertise in developing pitchers is vital for softball program to take that next step towards competing for conference and regional championships.”

Bennett is eager to take the Lady Conquistadors to the next level.

“I’m super excited to be in Dodge City and I can’t wait to get to work,” Bennett said. “I feel that I can make a big impact within the program and improve pitching. I can’t wait to work with Howie and see what we can accomplish.”

Bennett previously coached two years at Lake Erie College, an NCAA Division II institution in Painesville, Ohio.

While at LEC she helped lower the overall team ERA by two points and tutored a young pitching corps.

Bennett has significant playing experience at the Division I level.

She was a two-year letterwinner at Marshall (W.V.) University. She appeared in 44 games for the Thundering Herd as a pitcher, posting a 4-1 record with a 2.26 ERA as a senior.

Before playing at Marshall, Bennett starred at Miami Dade College where she led the team to the 2010 NJCAA Division I title, earning most valuable player honors at the NJCAA Tournament.  During her two years at MDC, she posted a 47-8 record and received numerous All-American honors as well as all-conference and region accolades.

Bennett also pitches for the Mexican National Softball Team.

A native of Hereford, Ariz., Bennett earned a bachelor’s in finance and minored in risk management and insurance from Marshall, and holds a master’s in business from Lake Erie.