Apply to Dodge City Community College!
Request an Airport Shuttle to Dodge City Community College!

DC3 News

DC3 News

DC3 News

CDL Program Enjoys Continued Success

Dec 12, 2016

DC3 CDL Program Enjoys Continued Success 

The demand for CDL licensed drivers is growing and since 2014, DC3 has proudly been available to meet the needs of those industries by providing a quality 4-week program taught by instructor David Moore, who has spent nearly 30 years in the transportation business. “I began my career in transportation in 1987, procuring a job driving a silage truck for a local farmer,” Moore stated. “I further developed my skills over the years as a truck driver with a Chauffeur's License, obtaining my CDL through the current process my students go through, in 1991, and driving over the road until 1998 when I began my career in logistics and management. I managed several transportation companies until 2013 when I moved to the DC area to become the bus driver for DC3 in May of that year. In early 2014, I was asked to build the current CDL Program at DC3. I built the curriculum and began teaching classes in May of 2014.”

Moore’s CDL class boasts a certification rate of 70% to 80% of students. Although class sizes are currently limited to 8 students per 4-week session, Moore insisted, “We are working diligently on increasing the class size in the near future to meet the demand.” He continued, “We begin a new class every 6-7 weeks. We are currently working on expanding the program to include a more intense, informative and educational experience, inclusive of endorsements, to better prepare our students for this career.” The DC3 CDL program also has several partnerships, providing ample opportunity for job placement. “Currently, we have partnerships with one "Over the Road" company, employing all students seeking that career, 5 local companies, and the Lineman Program at DC3,” said Moore.

If you are interested in enrolling in the DC3 CDL program or would like more information, please contact Dodge City Community College at (620) 225-1321 or Mr. David Moore, at dmoore@dc3.edu.