Step One - Apply for an institutional scholarship by utilizing the Dodge City Community College Scholarship Application. Deadline is April 30th for the fall semester
Step Two – Apply for the US Department of Education student financial aid programs utilizing the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Go to www.fafsa.gov
- Utilizing last year's federal tax return information, complete and submit the online form
- The FAFSA must be completed as soon as possible after January 1st each year for the following fall semester
- The Federal deadline is June 30th of the award year of the application.....don't wait that long
- The results of your application may be available to the Financial Aid Office in 5 to 7 business days
Step Three – Reply to requests for additional information from the Financial Aid Office immediately.
- The Financial Aid Office will not request information/documentation that it does not need
- Federal Work-Study and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant funds are limited
Step Four – If you need additional funds for your education, apply for a Federal Direct Student Loan
- The FAFSA process determines your eligibility for participation in the Federal Direct Loan Program, but that is not all
- You must complete an online application to participate
- Step 1: Go to www.studentloans.gov
- Step 2: Sign in with your PIN that you used to sign your FAFSA.
- Step 3: Click on the “Complete Entrance Counseling” link and navigate through the counseling.
- Step 4: Complete the Master Promissory Note
- Step 5: Complete the Student Loan Data form and return it to the financial aid office
- Request Federal Direct Loan Program information from the Financial Aid Office
Step Five – Review the General Information & Procedures and the Satisfactory Academic Progress information on the DCCC Financial Aid website.
Step Six – Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have questions
Step Seven – Explore other outside scholarship opportunities such as: