Skip to content
Dodge City Community College Apply Now

Anticipated Timeline for DC3 Campus COVID-19 Decisions

Published March 14, 2020

Late afternoon on Friday 3/13/2020, President Nolte met with the Vice Presidents and set a decision timeline for the next few days. Decisions regarding campus operations and instructional delivery in the midst of the evolving COVID-19 concerns were determined. College officials will continue to monitor local, state and national conditions by communicating with Ford County Health and other medical professionals every twelve hours or immediately if conditions change.

The Dodge City Community College campus-wide COVID-19 Preparedness Team will next meet again on Monday, 3/16/2020 to provide recommendations from both steering committee members and subcommittee members. Based on current conditions, campus officials expect that decisions regarding the Spring Break ending schedule, class delivery methods and other operational decisions will be finalized on Tuesday 3/17/2020. Next, the decisions are set to be communicated to students, faculty, employees, parents and community members no later than mid-week (Wednesday 3/18/2020).

At the time of this statement, it is important to note that health officials report no confirmed or presumptive cases of COVID-19 in Ford County or the surrounding counties. We will continue to follow local health authorities’ recommendations and guidance for colleges and universities from the CDC (Center for Disease Control).

“The health and wellness of our campus community is our first priority and we will continue a robust and measured monitoring and evaluation of this evolving COVID-19 situation,” said President Harold Nolte.

Beverly Temaat
Vice President of Student Affairs & Risk Management