Skip to content
Dodge City Community College Apply Now

Things to Consider BEFORE Withdrawing From a Class

DCCC wants you to succeed and we understand that choosing to withdraw can be a difficult decision. These questions will help you understand the effects of withdrawing. Please don’t hesitate to contact Advising to see what options and/or resources might be available to you.

Have you talked with your instructor and academic advising specialist?

We strongly recommend that you talk with your instructor and an advisor (and coach if you are a student athlete) before withdrawing from your classes. Your advisor and instructor are the best people to talk with about what impact your withdrawal will have on your academic program and your eligibility to return. Contact Advising

Do you have a balance on your account?

Settling your account with Accounts Receivable is an important part of the withdrawal process. At DCCC the withdrawal does not occur within the “refund period”, so charges will remain on the student account. You are responsible for the full assessment of charges whether any sessions are attended or not. Having a balance for tuition, fees or other services from Accounts Receivable may make you financially ineligible to register for classes and/or obtain official transcripts. For more information, contact Accounts Receivable.

Do you receive Federal Financial Aid?

Depending on when you withdraw, you may be required to repay all or part of the financial aid that has been disbursed for the term. Withdrawing may also make you ineligible for aid in the future semesters, even if you decide to continue your education at another institution. For more information, please contact Financial Aid.

Do you have any scholarships or grants?

Performing a withdrawal also has the potential to affect current and future scholarship/grant awards. For more general information please contact Financial Aid.

Do you have a hold?

There are many types of holds that are placed on student accounts and records for different circumstances. Each hold may prevent basic college privileges, such as, but not limited to: the ability to enroll, add/drop/withdraw classes, and receive copies of unofficial/official transcripts or a diploma. If you are trying to enroll in, drop, or withdraw from classes AND you have a hold, please contact Records ( or Accounts Receivable ( for more information to resolve the hold.

Are you Active Military or a Veteran?

Students in active or veteran military status who need to withdraw or drop courses should do the following: 1) contact VA Coordinator Cynthia Denson at 480-506-0031 or 2) contact DCCC Registrar Michelle Richardson at 620-227-9327 or to properly verify and confirm withdrawal procedures.

Are you an international student?

International students who are withdrawing from DCCC are required to meet with the DCCC DSO/PDSO to review the impact this will have on their immigration status. Contact our International Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) or Designated School Official (DSO) at 620-227-1321, email or stop by Student Services in the Student Union.

Do you live in the residence halls?

If you withdraw from classes, you may become ineligible for campus housing. You will need to see your Director of Residence Life to properly check out of your room. If you would like more information concerning a release from your housing contract, you can talk with your Director of Residence Life, or contact Residence Life.

Are you a student athlete?

If you withdraw from classes, you may become ineligible for practice, competition, and athletic scholarship. If you would like additional information concerning your athletic eligibility please contact the Assistant Athletic Director/Compliance Coordinator or your coach.

If you have any further questions about the withdrawal process, please contact the Registrar’s Office in the Student Union for assistance: