Skip to content
Dodge City Community College Apply Now

Course Transferability

Many students attend Dodge City Community College as a first step to a four-year education. With the right planning, you can complete your first two years of college at DC3, and then transfer to a four-year institution. A transfer program is a smart and cost-effective way to earn a bachelor’s degree.

Transferring from DC3 to Another Institution

Click the button below (or visit to view a list of DC3 courses that transfer among all Kansas public post secondary institutions. Course Transfer List

The Kansas Board of regents approves new courses each year, guaranteed to transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions.  A Student who completes a System Wide Transfer course at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other Kansas public institution offering an equivalent course.

Find more information about Kansas Board of Regents Transfer Articulation.

Transfer Checklist

  1. Plan ahead to ensure a smooth transfer from DC3 to your chosen 4-year institution. It is important to start early so that you can make the right choices and decisions.
  2. Work closely with your advisor to plan your coursework to meet academic goals and transfer goals.
  3. Research colleges and universities that offer academic programs and activities that interest you. Contact the admission office of any colleges that interest you to request transfer information, catalogs, application materials, and financial aid information. If you know your major, get a transfer guide for that major so you can match required coursework to that required by your transfer institution.
  4. Select a few colleges you are interested in visiting. Attend a scheduled transfer visit day or schedule a campus visit. Ask the college about transfer requirements, applications deadlines, housing information and financial aid.
  5. Once you’ve determined which college you want to transfer to, notify your advisor and review your program at DC3 to determine what courses will meet the requirements of the transfer college’s program. Plan your schedules each semester according to which ones will transfer and also complete your associate degree at DC3.
  6. Make sure to complete all applications materials, housing contracts, scholarship applications and financial aid materials before the deadlines! Early applications may be dependent upon your acceptance.
  7. Be sure to have your DC3 transcripts sent to the transfer college. Depending on the admission requirements, you may need to also send your high school transcripts.
  8. Attend an orientation program at the transfer college that is designated for transfer students. These orientation programs are usually designed to make you aware of the resources available to you on that campus and to register you for classes.
  9. Request a final transcript to be sent after completing your degree at DC3.

Articulation and 2+2 Agreements

Dodge City Community College has collaborated with many four-year colleges in the region and beyond to develop transfer and articulation agreements.

These agreements make transfer of students’ coursework and credits from Dodge City Community College to a four-year college or university much easier. Many articulation agreements cover transfer of general education credits and admission to the partner institution with junior standing, among other benefits.

2+2 Agreements

Dodge City Community College has also developed more specific articulation agreements – called 2+2 agreements – with some Kansas public and private universities. A 2+2 agreement documents a formalized pathway between two or more academic institutions. In order to ensure seamless transfer of credits to the partner institution, both institutions evaluate similarities in coursework, curricula, syllabi, textbooks, and learning outcomes. For DC3 students, this means the coursework is mapped in advance, thus enabling students to make a smooth transition from the college associate degree programs to a baccalaureate program.

Additionally, DC3 has joined some colleges and universities that offer bachelor’s degree completion via distance education, which allows students to complete a bachelor’s degree all while remaining in southwest Kansas.

By starting at Dodge City Community College on your path to a bachelor’s degree, you will save money in tuition and fees, learn in smaller classes with experienced instructors, as well as take advantage of our articulation, 2+2, and dual-admissions agreements.

Transfer Programs

Transfer Programs are designed to position you for a successful transfer to a four-year college to complete a bachelor’s degree. The earlier you identify your transfer institution, the easier it will be to align your DC3 program of study to fit the transfer institution’s requirements.

Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for reverse transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees. Within a student’s first semester, those who transfer coursework from a public university, community college, or technical college will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree. Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the university, community college, or technical college the student last attended.

Visit the Kansas Board of Regents website for more information.

Transfer to DC3

Students transferring to Dodge City Community College from another postsecondary institution are required to follow the same admission procedures stated for admission of first-time students. Students on academic probation from another institution may be accepted on probation at DC3. To qualify for any degree, students must earn their last twelve hours of credit at DC3. An official transcript from each previous postsecondary institution is required for all students transferring from other institutions. Official transcripts should be sent directly from the issuing institution to:

Admissions Office
Dodge City Community College
2501 N 14th Ave
Dodge City, KS 67801